Freeship & Financial Aid
The following freeships awarded by the Govt. are made available to students. The students awarded freeship under these Schemes must attend at least 75% of lectures and practicals as also 80% of N.C.C. Parades / P. T. Classes and must show satisfactory progress in their studies. Failure to do so will result in withdrawal of this concession. In such cases; students shall have to pay the full fees College .
- 1. Freeship to Economically Backward Class Student :- The eligible students should apply to the Principal in the prescribed form within 30 days from the date of their admission to the College and obtain receipt from office.
- 2. Freeship to sons & daughters of Primary School Teachers :- The eligible students should submit their application in the prescribed form in College Office within 30 days from the date of their admission to the College and obtain receipt.
3. Freeship is awarded to the S.C., S.T. (No Limit of annual income), N.T., V.J., SBC, OBC (8 lacs annual income)
4. Freeship to the children of Service Personnel.
5. Students Welfare Fund has been established by the University for giving financial assistance to the needy students by way of loan carrying simple interest at 8% P. A. The freeship will be awarded to
eligible students on merit-cum-means basis. G.O.I. Scholarship holder should open S.B. account in the month of September in any bank.
6. No Concession available to students from outside the State of Maharashtra.
Important Rules for freeship under the E.B.C. Scheme (Income Below Rs. 8,00,000/-) Per annum
The Students applying for freeship under the E.B.C. Scheme of the State Government must submit their application in the prescribed form longwith the Income Certificate from a Gazetted Officer of State Govt. not below the rank of Tahasildar, or class II officer of any department. President of Mpl. Committee, Sarpanch, etc. (for the students whose parent’s ordinary place of residence is in rural area with a population below 10,000) to the College office within 30 days from the date of their admission to the college and obtain receipt.
The students from outside the State of Maharashtra and the students whose father or guardian reside outside the State of Maharashtra are not entitled to this Freeship.
In case the E.B.C. applications are signed by mother when father is alive the circumstances in which the father could not sign the application alongwith the information on the following points should be submitted by the students & attached to his application. In case of legal separation of father and mother, an affidavit to this effect should be submitted and attached to his application.
- 1. Full name of the father.
- 2. Occupation and address.
- 3. Annual Income from all sources for previous year.
In case where the applications is signed by a person other than father / mother when alive, the procedure mentioned above should be followed.
In case the student seeks admission after lapse of year(s), a gap certificate to the effect that he did not join any educational institution prior to his admission in the institution should be submitted and attached to the application.
The student should take specific care that the income shown in the E.B.C. form is the same as shown by him / her / his in his application for admission.